Who said that HIV and aids are the same
Well, first at all what do HIV and AIDS mean, HIV means “human immunodeficiency virus” and AIDS means “acquired immune deficiency syndrome”.
What is HIV?
HIV is virus which attacks your body’s cells from the immune system, so itself this virus doesn’t kill the person who gets infected by it but if the person isn’t taking the antiretroviral treatment that virus will make makes copies of itself till destroy the whole immune system and in questions of between 10 – 15 years the body will have no immune system and the person will die cause having no defence against other infections.
What is AIDS?
AIDS is the cause of haven’t taken the HIV treatment at the beginning to avoid it and let it grow up, so as you guess AIDS is the final version of VIH and there is no cure against AIDS but with the correct treatment and support the person can live a healthy and long life, the AIDS is a set of symptoms and the persons who got it their bodies are too weak to fight it and if it’s untreated it will lead to death.
- Having HIV doesn’t mean you cannot live in the normal way, you should just take your antiretroviral treatment.
- In case you got HIV you must get checked regularly.
- HIV just can be transmitted by semen, blood, vaginal and anal fluids and breastmilk, it cannot be transmitted through saliva, sweat nor urine.
- Using condoms whether female (internal) or masculine (external) is the best option to prevent getting HIV and other sexually transmitted.
- If you’re pregnant and having HIV the baby could get the virus through the birth or by the breastfeeding but taking the antiretroviral treatment and becoming undetectable there is no risk.
- Other name to call at AIDS is advanced HIV infection or late-stage HIV.
- AIDS is a set of symptoms or illness that develop as a result of advanced HIV infection which destroy immune system.