“Cities and human settlements are places we live, share, create, build and dream together. Let us use good design to make them sustainable, inclusive and prosperous
for all.” Ban Ki-moon
DEsigned to Live Together
The UN proposes five ways how cities can be designed for all to live together
- Planned not only to generate jobs and opportunities, but also help build socially integrated, livable, open neighborhoods.
- Planning residential areas with different possibilities in terms of typology and price enables residents from different backgrounds and income levels to live together.
- Designing through participative processes helps people come together around shared goals and visions, and promotes everyone’s equal access to services, jobs and opportunities.
- Designing compact, denser cities reduces the over exploitation of natural resources, and facilitates common living by enabling equal access to land, food and water for all.
- Designing public spaces, parks, playgrounds, streets with pedestrian space and commercial activities help create a vibrant public life for all residents.
Make people around you aware of the celebration of #CitiesDay and share this post!